Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New Blog!

I've thought about this and prayed about it for over a year, and finally decided to go for it. I don't know how much I have to say, or whom it will help, but you never know if you don't try.

So, why a new blog? Well, I've struggled with the grief after losing William, and wanted to find a way to share thoughts, images and Scripture that remind me of him, or helped with the healing process.

What's with the title? I love rainbows. I always have. Now they remind me of William. I know many women look for a "rainbow baby" after a miscarriage, and I want to stress that is NOT what the title refers to. I don't know what God's plan is for our family, and I'm not looking for the answers. He'll let us know when He's ready. Remember, the rainbow was originally a symbol of God's covenant with Noah to never flood the whole earth again. So, maybe subconsciously I like rainbows because I know God keeps his promises.

I also want to note I chose this background because dandelions are one of the few "flowers" I'm not allergic to. Earlier this spring our yard was full of them, and I desperately wanted to cover William's grave with them. I couldn't of course, but God had a better plan. He covered it with violets and Star of David. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment