Monday, June 15, 2015

Depending on God

Last week Shaun thought he was going to have to leave town and miss my appointment this week. I quickly made arrangements for a friend to go with me so I wouldn't have to be alone. It turned out he doesn't have to leave town until later in the week, but he still didn't want to come with me. The last appointment he missed was the one where I was told we lost William. He knew a part of me was still linking losing William with Shaun's inability to attend the appointment. I had already cancelled with that friend, so I quickly found someone else who could go with me. Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am for my church family? They are amazing and I am so thankful for their love and support.

Though this appointment was relatively simple it required a nerve-wracking blood draw. I had my glucose test today. YUCK!!! This stuff tastes much better than the stuff I drank ten years ago, but it's still gross. I'm a little nervous about the results. Shaun keeps reminding me I don't have any of the signs or symptoms I did with Hope, so there's nothing to worry about. That doesn't help much. If i don't hear anything by Wednesday, we know it all came back normal.

We scheduled a 4D ultrasound! Two weeks from today we'll see a more detailed picture than we've ever seen. I've glanced at friends', but there's nothing like seeing your own baby. Hope has dance class that night, so I'm trying to work out the logistics of having her and my mom in three places at once. I know she *could* miss a class, but there's only six summer classes and she's already scheduled to miss one. Any advice or transportation help is always appreciated.

I finished off the night sharing a good meal with a great friend. I was thankful for her company to this appointment. I hate going to the doctor alone. I'm so grateful I have friends who are willing to go with me. Now to survive the waiting for the next two weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment