Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Encourage One Another

As Christians we are called to do many things. Uplift each other in prayer, bless those who persecute us, be slow to anger, among countless other teachings. I started this blog hoping to encourage others who are struggling with "planning" their families. Now, I'm asking for your help.

Each month I wait the tears are fewer and the pain lessens a bit. I know God is calling me to be still and wait right now, two things I'm horrible at. As I look over my calendar for 2014 and how quickly it's filling up, my heart breaks a little because I don't know how long I have to wait. Today is one of those "take it one day at a time" days. Sometimes it's still minute by minute. I've been snowbound and alone for most of the last two days, and I've had plenty of time to fear the future. Here's the thing: I know I don't need to fear the future. I know God is already there, and He's got great plans for my family. But it still hurts now. I decided to sort through a box of paperwork and found a mountain of sympathy cards from William. My heart still breaks, because it doesn't feel like we've come any further in building our family. We love each other, and we trust God's will, but we don't have any assurance that things will change.

Here's how you can help: Most of our country was blanketed with snow over the weekend. Many moms are pulling their hair out as they eagerly wait to return their children to school. Many elderly are alone and afraid to ask for help. If you can safely leave your house and help someone, please do today. Watch the little ones so mom can take a nap (or just play Candy Crush!). Take a loaf of bread to your elderly neighbor, and ask if there's anything else you can do. If you can't leave your home or are blessed to be away from this mess, send someone you've seen struggling a Facebook message or text. Better yet, mail a card of encouragement. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, Dollar General sells cute ones for less than a buck. Take some time and let someone know you're thinking of them.

If you have any stories of how God blessed someone you know after a LONG period of waiting, I would love to hear them! If you would like me to share their story on this blog, tell me. I can change any names or identifying information. If you don't expressly ask me to share it, I won't.

Remember this year: Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment