Wednesday, January 8, 2014

When You Feel Like Quitting...

There are days when I wonder, is it worth it? What am I waiting for? We could start the adoption process in many countries right now, and have a newborn before our daughter turns ten. How fantastic would that be? It wouldn't, because that's not God's plan for us. He's calling us (me specifically) to wait and to trust His timing. 

A sweet friend gave me a new devotional for my birthday in November. I wasn't reading it everyday, but I've been fairy consistent this year. It's called 365 Pocket Prayers for Women, and you can buy it here. Today's entry was about quitting, and I was reminded of a few things. 

1) I need endurance. Parenting has been compared to a marathon, and is not for the faint of heart. It will take all the skills I have, and many I don't realize I have, to care for another newborn. This time of waiting is teaching me to hold on, and press forward even when I don't see the finish line. 

2) If I give up now, I will miss the joy of reaching my goal, and the blessing of serving Him in the meantime. I don't know how many people read or care about my blog or anything I do on Facebook. At the end of the day all that matters is did I point people to Him? If not, then it was all in vain. My goal is still to bring home a healthy baby from the hospital. There is no reason why my husband & I shouldn't be able to do that. I firmly believe that is God's will for us, and right now we just have to wait. Oh it sounds so easy when I see it in print, but surviving the day to day can be so difficult. 

3) We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair... We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you... That is why we never give up. 
2 Corinthians 4:8, 14, 16

Your challenge is different than mine. I don't have any answers for how to deal with yours. I don't even have any answers for how to deal with mine, I'm just telling you what I'm trying. Some days I think it's working, then other days I doubt it because the tears won't stop flowing. No matter what I feel, I know in my heart God loves me and He has a plan for me. He feels the same way about you. Will you trust him today? 

This song was on my heart as I began writing today. Enjoy. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment