Monday, February 2, 2015

Symptoms & Signs

So far my symptoms include:

  • Exhaustion
  • Hunger
  • Nausea
  • Cravings (mostly sweets; though I did crave pickles in December)
  • Aversions (those pickles made me nauseous after eating them...)


And my outward signs:

  • Obvious belly bulge. If we were trying to hide it, now it would be futile.
  • Stretch marks!!!!! I've never been so excited to see stretch marks everywhere! 


The signs are like a breath of fresh air; a reminder this isn't just a dream. For the past week and a half I've felt like I'm walking on air; living a fantasy. I told a sweet friend who's prayed with me since we lost William today, and her reaction was "You're kidding? Oh my gosh you are pregnant!" Seeing her expression and reaction was just what I needed to remind me it IS real. I'm not just dreaming! I feel such relief tonight. It's sweet, because the last few days have been stressful and full of panic. I'm so thankful for everyone's continued prayers. I desperately want to say "I know this baby will be okay" but I can't believe it yet. I'm taking it one day at a time, and trusting God to protect it. I'm starting to exercise, I'm eating healthier, and I'm taking vitamins. I should see the doctor sometime this week, and we're praying to hear a heartbeat or see an ultrasound (or both!). Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment